Companies experience true Business Excellence when processes are efficient, technology is optimized, and a company has been enabled to embrace change and continuous improvement as a cultural shift. In other words, they go through a full organization-wide Business Transformation. This typically includes both ERP and Process improvements, and can cause a major shift or disruption from where a client has started, but the result yields benefit, improvements, and opportunity into the future that make this shift worth the effort it takes for years into the future.
We are in a Digital Revolution: Mobile devices, cloud environments, big data and social media have taken us to a new level of interconnections – and it’s a permanent game changer. Businesses can no longer simply replace their technology to stay competitive.
Business transformation means more opportunity
Smart, connected processes are generating new value in ways we couldn’t imagine even five years ago – from reduced costs of production, to improved inefficiencies in areas like service and innovation. This has opened up new landscapes for invention and growth in the digital landscape.
Why technology replacement alone isn’t enough
Interaction is at the heart of business today. Expectation and demand has changed. People run technology so they must be aligned with the change, and technology needs to be responsive to them in order for it to work. It is vital that the strategy and goals are clearly set so the right system is selected, combined with risk management to ensure the change meets the goals set out.
Compete Smarter with KnowledgePath
Our GrowthTrack™ approach helps you transform the way you do business in a smart, connected world by:
- Moving beyond technology best practices to make changes in business process in order to support business transformation initiatives
- Enhancing customer experiences
- Driving innovation within your enterprise
- Exploiting the forces of digital business to improve your organization’s business performance
- Shifting investments towards strategic projects that will drive growth while continuing to reduce costs and drive efficiencies
- Demonstrating the relevance of your process initiative to senior management by quantifying impact on business performance results
- Updating your mindset, behavior, methods, and technologies to tackle the continuous and disruptive changes that are characteristic of business transformation initiatives
- Building buy-in and gaining adoption for process excellence and the resulting organizational changes
How will you transform your organization’s business strategy? What strategic questions do you need to ask to make the right decisions? It’s time to decide.
Join one of our Executive Briefings