Finding, configuring, and implementing best-fit ERP software requires a methodical approach that starts with an assessment. This includes a search of organizational needs, vendor strengths and weaknesses, and competitor strategies.
Why ERP Evaluation and Selection is important:
The financial consequence of selecting the right – or the wrong – software is significant. Many companies spend substantial amounts of time and money on ERP implementations only to realize that a different system would have been a better fit.
On the brighter side, it is possible to get it right provided you go through the right process. When implemented effectively, ERP can improve alignment of processes with your organizational strategy, a reduction in your costs, and an improvement in your productivity. As an example, an Aberdeen group study estimated that best-in-class ERP implementations reduced inventory by as much as 22% and operating costs by as much as 20%.
Why ERP selection can be so difficult:
The ERP software space is crowded with multiple vendors and represents a worldwide market size of more than $45 billion in annual revenue. Selectors grapple with issues such as:
- How to evaluate software packages?
- What selection criteria should be used?
- How to ensure the software complements the organizational business strategy?
- What is more important to assess – process breadth or depth?
- How to minimize the impact of change on staff and ensure “business as usual” continues?
- How to manage change?
- How to ensure the project stays within the overall budget?
- How best to approach the executive decision committee with a proposal for the new software package?
How KnowledgePath will help:
We are the ERP replacement and Modernization experts because of our deep knowledge and experience with successful ERP projects. We know how important it is to find and select the right ERP system for your company. We ensure that your people and your business processes are of utmost importance during your ERP selection. Our proven and unique Growth Track™ is a methodology – not a template. It puts the focus on your business and your customers for a successful outcome that makes your company more productive, more efficient, more agile, more profitable, and more competitive.