The allocation of your internal resources for an ERP modernization or Business Transformation means coordinating a lot of moving parts. During the past few months, we have posted a number of topics centered around this topic. These have focused primarily on the critical resources in your organization who will play a key role in achieving a successful outcome. To wrap up this series, these posts have been compiled into a downloadable guide for you to use as a planning resource.
The ERP Internal Resource Planning Guide covers a number of roles:
- Executive Sponsorship
- Project Manager
- The Core Project Team
- Functional Managers
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
These are all critical to include and utilize well.
We will conclude this series with some final points to consider…
Depending on the size of your organization and the scope of your project, there are other roles you may need to also consider. Some examples are:
- Advisor to Steering Committee: Key stakeholders who can provide input and support
- External Consultants: Advise and support various project roles and objectives
- Project Administrator: Provides administrative support to the Project Manager
- Systems Developer: Works with the Project Manager on defining and executing development requirements
- Other IT resources (Network Engineers, Hardware Managers, Database Managers, etc.): Deliver and support IT requirements and task