A high-tech manufacturer invests in the future by selecting a new ERP system.
A leading manufacturer’s aging ERP software and hardware was no longer being supported. As a result, they risked business interruption in the event of a hardware or software failure. In addition, the software did not provide modern features necessary to support their changing business environment and the needs of their customers and vendors. Examples included:
- Lean shop floor planning
- Integrated job estimating
- B2B ecommerce
- Intercompany transactions
Functional gaps were causing production capacity constraints, inefficiencies, and poor customer service levels which were constraining growth, reducing profitability, and making them less competitive in their market. They needed a new ERP application but weren’t sure how to go about selecting the best software and vendor to meet their needs for this critical business tool and major investment.
KnowledgePath was engaged to help them select a new ERP application. Our selection expertise and methodology helped them:
- Create a formal selection team of executives and process experts
- Identify and document their business goals, improvement objectives, and business requirements
- Identify market appropriate ERP software candidates
- Create and submit a Request for Proposal to software vendors and evaluate the responses
- Conduct and evaluate scripted software demonstrations
- Make the final selection and negotiate contracts
As a result they:
- Created buy-in and enthusiasm while building a team prepared for the upcoming implementation
- Conducted a fair, focused, and efficient selection
- Selected the best ERP software for their requirements, objectives, and goals
- Negotiated an advantageous deal and terms that minimized implementation cost overruns and risk
The new ERP software provided the foundation to implement improved processes to better support growth, improve profitability, and provide best of class customer service. The owner saw this as an investment in the future of the family business ensuring its success for his son and future generations.